Thursday, October 12, 2006

Weather PR....SNAIL

I keep telling TriHawg that this winter is going to be a cold one...just a hunch I have. Well, today we have our first official snow of the season...the fall season that is. Today was a weather record breaking day. Snow records that is and nearly half an inch. The weather guys were probably giddy with frontal boundry excitment.

It is what I have dubbed "SNAIL". An absolutely biting mix of snow and hail that whipped up and around off of the great Lake Michigan to sting cheeks and freeze the little fingers of elementary school children eager to see winter's first sign.

I like the snow. I don't mind the cold weather, as long as I'm prepared. A long coat, gloves, scarf, hat...all the necessities to keep one comfortable. I love the rosey cheeks and the steaming breath that winter brings. I love sking and tubing. I love walking in the snow at night with TriHawg...that is one of my favorite things.

While I do love winter and snow, I probably could have waited another month or two until its descent. But, since that's not a decision that I got to make this year, I guess I'll just have to be happy with what's been dealt....Sometimes, even in the throes of winter, we should just stop and smell the roses.

2 comments:

Wes said...

I don't even those of us that have to train in Northern climages. I guess you make do and get used to it after a while. So many people are talking about the snowfall. I heard this winter is going to be milder, but it sure is starting out crazy.

Clot Buster said...

Since you are an avid reader of my blog I can give you a VIP pass to let you know that the wristbands are running at $3.00 per piece and 2 for $5.00. Just let me know how many would like and I can go ahead and send them on to you. I still have your address. THANKS FOR SUPPORTING NATT and reading my blog!