Tuesday, October 03, 2006

140.6


I've been working on goals lately. That M-dot really intrigues me. I have a tattoo on my foot, a Japanese character that means love. What do all of these things have in common??
I've written down my goal....Ironman Florida '08.
After I've completing that goal.....said M-dot to be tattooed on my @ss, or very close to it....actually lower back, so that when you see me get out of the pool you can't help but notice the little guy right there just above my suit. Why do I think about these things??? Maybe because I have felt for so long that I can't do it, and by "it" I mean anything athletic. This year I have finally put that notion to bed, kicked it to the freaking curb and said "leave me alone, I can do it because I am strong!". I want a visible remembrance after I have traveled those 140.6 miles, something to remind me that my lungs were strong enough, my arms were strong enough, my legs were strong enough....my mind was strong enough. I want people to ask "what is that?" so I can tell them how incredible this sport is, how it feels to be free, to feel pain and be happy with it.
I'm in. Florida 2008.

5 comments:

Wes said...

LOL. Good for you. I'm sure it will look cute. I'm volunteering for Florida 2007, since my family has vacation property along the route. I want to experience an IM first hand, has a spectator first. Then, God willing, I will sign up for Florida 2008 as a participant. See ya on the bricks :-) hopefully!!

:) said...

woohoo!!!

Jeremy said...

Thanks for commenting on my recent post. So sorry to hear about your loss. It's unbelievable how many people have dealt with this disease in one way or another. Your tri goals sound strong. Best of luck.

Nancy Toby said...

Yay! I can't wait to get there in November!

Clot Buster said...

Great to hear the news about IM 2008. I will be rooting for you all the way!
GO FOR IT!!!